Maybe it is because:
- she is so lovely
- for awhile I have called her “mine”
- she laughs well, sings glory songs, and lives a life of generosity and gifting
- she is becoming one of my best friends
- I remember a little girl washing dishes on a stool, smothering a younger brother in patience and friendship, eating apples daily, and singing ~ always singing
- she has mothered her way through sisterhood to three brothers
- she sees light in everyone and draws it out
- I remember being her age, wondering and waiting for “him”
I am not sure of all the reasons my heart flutters when she says she has met someone. Joy, hope, promise, desire … these things I hold for my lovely one, that she know the fullness of the love of Christ in the intimacy of marriage with “him,” her man. I look toward that day with longing for her, as she sits patiently in her longing for “him.” And I rejoice that I have a daughter who knows her worth, knows her desire, and will wait patiently on the Lord to bring her His best.
- Maybe it is because I am a Mom. Maybe that is always enough to count as the reason.
Dearest Emily ~ you are always in my thoughts, my prayers, and my deepest moments of joy include your presence. I love that you live before the Lord ~ with such love, adoration, and a desire to seek His joy.
“The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-27
Favored One, may you count all your maybe’s as grace moments today.